My Blog List

  • Solastalgia on Refuse: A Journal of Iconoclasms - My "poem" mixes a little #solastalgia (distress caused by degradation of one’s environment) into a lesson plan on strip vs. deep mining designed for Kent...
    3 years ago
  • Revision - What Is Revision?A change or a set of changes that corrects or improves something.Steps For Revision - Find You Main Point - Identify Your Readers an...
    9 years ago

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Pink Institution

     The pink institution by Selah Saterstrom, was an interesting read to say the least. At first when I opened the book I did not know what to expect. I continued to read the book, and I definitely did not expect what I did read.

     The way that the first stories are written in the book, are confusing and to me dramatic. I am not sure if they are more important or less important in the way that they are spaced out. Some lines have several words while others have one. Throughout the book the words and phrases start to become sentences and paragraphs and it makes it easier to read.

     The book is weird and full of horrible things about a family with many generations, and how they raised their children in the abuse, and chaos of the family. The family is not your typical family and can be seen as dysfunctional. There are a lot of characters and they get hard to follow, however I found the book to be entertaining, even if it is dark and twisted.
    

1 comment:

  1. Yes, entertaining, dark and twisted about sums it up. Good job.

    ReplyDelete