My Blog List

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Introduction to Fiction

This novel hasn't really inspired me, but it is my guilty pleasure. My guilty pleasure are the Twilight Saga novels. One of the conversations I like is between Edward and Bella

     "Isabella Marie Swan," he whispered, the strangest expression crossing his face. He almost looked mad. "Do you believe that I asked the Volturi to kill me because I felt guilty?"
    
       I could feel the blank incomprehension on my face, "Didn't you?
      "Feel guilty? Intensely so. More than you can comprehend."
       "Then. . . what are you saying? I don't understand."

      "Bella I went to the Volturi because I though you were dead," he said, voice soft, eyes fierce. "Even if I'd had no hand in your death"-he shuddered as he whispered the last word-"even if it wasn't my fault, I would have gone to Italy. Obviously, I should have been more careful- I should have spoken to Alice directly, rather than accepting it secondhand from Rosalie. But, really, what was I supposed to think when the boy said Charlie was at the funeral? What are the odds?
      "The odds. . .," he muttered then, distracted. His voice was so low I wasn't sure I heard it right. "The odds are always stacked against us. Mistake after mistake. I'll never criticize Romeo again."

"But I still don't understand," I said. "That's my whole point. So what?"
"Excuse me?"
"So what if I was dead?"
He stared at me dubiously for a long moment before answering."Don't you remember anything I told you before?"
The dialogue continues but I like this because it shows truly how Bella feels and how she is starting to become her own person and not entirely dependent on Edward
http://stepheniemeyer.com/index.html link to the author

No comments:

Post a Comment